Until he committed to Weissach, Michael Mauer's wheel time in a Porsche was exactly zero. So in July 2004, one month before Mauer took over as head of design for Porsche AG, his new boss, Wolfgang Durheimer, vice president-research and development, arranged for a loaner 911. Michael Mauer loves his 911 Turbo. It was, they agreed, crucial that Mauer quickly develop an intimate understanding of Porsche's iconic sports car. “If I was born as a car, I would be a Porsche,” says the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mauer Quick Convert to Everything Porsche" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.