CLEON, France – Prepare yourself, America, for the most powerful new-generation diesel engine ever offered in a moderately priced sedan. In two years, Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. will offer its Maxima sport sedan, which has built up a loyal following of enthusiast drivers over the past 12 years, with a 3.0L V-6 turbodiesel developed jointly by the alliance between Nissan and Renault SA. The engine will pack a mighty punch: 265 hp (at 4,000 rpm) and 406 lb.-ft. (550 Nm) of torque, all of it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Maxima Diesel Packs Mighty Punch" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.