The saying goes that April showers bring May flowers, but for the U.S. automotive market, April's strength could mean a shower of sales in May leading to an all-time high in units sold for any month (see insert). U.S. light vehicle sales increased for the 20th consecutive month in April based on daily selling rates (DSRs). During that string, the industry has set a new record for calendar year sales (16.9 million in 1999), and posted a new high for any 12-month stretch in every month ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"May Could Shatter Monthly U.S. Sales Record" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.