The traditional April/May sales jump materialized, with May sales increasing 7.8% over April. Compared with last year though, the jump is merely a bump, with only a 0.7% gain based on a daily selling rate of 59,844, with 26 selling days this May, one more day than last year. May's volume of 1,555,947 units compares favorably with year-ago's 1,484,983 and April's 1,332,403. The May seasonally adjusted annual rate slipped slightly to 16.07 million light vehicles from last month's 16.2 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"May Light-Vehicle Sales Creep Ahead of Last Year" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.