North American manufacturers are running close to planned production in May with an overbuild in cars mostly offsetting an underbuild in trucks (see data p.7). For the second straight month, General Motors Corp. is heading for a large surplus in production vs. plan with the majority of its overbuild in cars. Ward's estimates that North American vehicle makers will assemble 1.529 million vehicles in May, nearly even with the 1.532 scheduled for the month (see Ward's Automotive Reports — May ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"May N.A. Vehicle Production Close to Plan; GM Looking at Surplus Build" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.