North American production is slightly behind schedule for May and manufacturers are expected to finish the month nearly 21,000 units below plan, a 1.2% shortfall (see data p.7). That gap is not surprising considering the industry built to 102% of plan in April and 101% in March, and it is not significant enough to hurt overall inventory levels or indicate manufacturers are anticipating a slowdown in the next few months. May North American output is projected to finish at 1.69 million ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"May North American Production Strong Despite Slight Under-Build" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.