North American manufacturers continue to roll out the trucks this month with an estimated overbuild from plan, while at the same time cooling off somewhat on cars (see data p.7). Ward's estimates that May's North American vehicle production — including medium- and heavy-duty trucks — will total 1.525 million units, about 99.2% of the 1.537 million scheduled at the beginning of the month. Trucks, however, are estimated at about 816,000 units, or 101% of plan, somewhat offsetting a car build ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"May Truck Assemblies on Track for Overbuild; Car Production Set for Shortfall" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.