U.S. light-vehicle sales surged in May as customers waiting for further improvement to already generous incentives returned in droves to take advantage of better deals. May’s seasonally adjusted annual rate (SAAR) of 17.8 million was the best so far this year. It was well above April’s 16.4 million, the previous 2004 best of 16.6 million in March and year-ago’s 16.3 million. It also lifted the year-to-date SAAR to 16.7 million, much higher than year-ago’s January-May pace of 16.1 million. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"May U.S. Light-Vehicle Sales Soar to Year-to-Date High for 2004" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.