Mazda Motor Corp. is recalling 106,000 Tribute compact SUVs to correct an engine-stalling problem. Affected are ’01, ’02 and some ’03 models. All are equipped with 3L V-6 engines, which Mazda says may stall during deceleration. The engine-stalling problem also prompted the recall earlier this week of 363,440 Ford Escapes, the Tribute’s sister vehicle.(See related story: Ford Calls Back Escape)
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda Calls Back Tributes for Engine Fix" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.