HIROSHIMA – For many in Japan, the summer of 2002 will not be remembered fondly – economic stagnation, near-record unemployment, political gridlock and the worst heat wave in three quarters of a century. Lewis Booth But much of Mazda Motor Corp. President Lewis Booth’s first Japanese summer was spent in the spacious executive suite of the auto maker’s air conditioned headquarters here. His focus was not on big-picture issues such as the country’s dreary economic and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda CEO Looks to Deliver on Millennium Plan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.