Mazda Motor Corp.’s new Demio model, which now has electric 4-wheel drive (e-4WD), goes on sale Dec. 1 in Japan. The e-4WD system is available on models with 1.3L and 1.5L engines. It uses a motor powered by a dedicated generator to drive the rear wheels and is designed to give drivers extra traction in slippery conditions. The Mazda Demio Casual e-4WD with 1.3L engine, 4WD and 4-speed electronically controlled automatic transmission is ¥1,330 ($12,149), the Demio Cozy e-4WD with the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda Demio Gets Electric 4WD" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.