Mazda Motor Corp. adds a new turbocharged engine model to its Japanese-market Mazda Roadster. The Roadster, sold as the Miata in the U.S., gets a 1.8L turbocharged engine, which increases torque more than 20% as compared with the base model. Other upgrades include a high-performance chassis and sporty interior and exterior packages. The limited-edition sporty version of the Roadster goes on sale in Japan in February, with a price tag of ¥2,570,000 ($23,947).
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda Launches Turbo Roadster" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.