Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. reportedly will provide Mazda Motor Corp. with electric 4-wheel-drive technology. The electric 4WD system, developed by Hitachi Ltd. and Tochigi Fuji Industrial Co. Ltd. among others, enables makers to cut production costs because it uses fewer parts than conventional systems. Mazda is expected to incorporate the 4WD technology in its Demio subcompact as an optional feature.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda to License Nissanâ€™s 4WD Technology" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.