When all three variants of the all-new Mazda 6 go into production, the AutoAlliance International Inc. assembly plant in Flat Rock, MI, should see a near doubling of Mazda output to 125,000 units annually on two shifts, a North American-based executive says. Currently, Mazda’s half of AAI is producing about 65,000 626 sedans per year. The 626 replacement, which picks up the new name Mazda 6, will be introduced as a 4-door sedan initially, says Stephen Odell, executive vice president and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda Looks to Boost Flat Rock Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.