SOUTHFIELD, MI – Minivans are dead, or at least that is what Mazda North American Operations thinks. In its ongoing marketing quest to boost its zoom-zoom image, the auto maker has eschewed the word minivan and instead is calling its new 6-passenger Mazda5 an MAV, for multi-activity vehicle. (See related story: Mazda Lineup Addresses All Midsize Needs) The new Mazda5 MAV Built on the Mazda3 small-car platform, the diminutive Mazda5 maximizes space, offering three rows of seating, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda Maximizes Mazda5 'Mini' MAV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.