SAN DIEGO – Mazda Motor Corp. will not put the MX-Micro Sport concept into production for the North American market this year because the business case is not there, officials tells Ward’s. The B-segment hatchback was shown at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January. At that time, the auto maker said it would go into production by year end, but officials would not confirm which parts of the world would market it. (See related story: Mazda Says MX-Micro Sport ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda MX-Micro Sport Not Viable for North America" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.