DETROIT — “We started with the question: ‘Do young Americans need another minivan?’ We decided ‘No,’ especially not from Mazda,” says Martin Leach, managing director of product planning for Mazda Motor Corp. in Japan. So Mazda, under Leach's direction, decided to redefine the minivan to prove such a vehicle doesn't have to be a “box on wheels.” The result is the '00 Mazda MPV concept vehicle unveiled this month at the Detroit auto show. A production model goes on sale later this year. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda offers young buyers new concept" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.