SUNDANCE, Utah, U.S.A. — Watching their new midsize sport/utility (SUV) vehicle climb straight up a craggy trail that only a bighorn sheep could love brings smiles to the faces of Mazda Motor Corp.'s Japanese engineers gathered here for the SUV's launch. Nevertheless, it took some mighty strong persuasion on the part of Mazda's U.S. arm to convince Japanese counterparts that the 1,820-m (6,000-ft.) Wasatch Moutain range surrounding actor Robert Redford's rustic Sundance resort would help ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda pays Tribute to its brand with new SUV" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.