Production at Mazda Motor Corp. rebounded in 2002, as the auto maker built 773,798 vehicles in Japan, a 6.1% rise over year-prior. The performance marked the first increase in domestic output since 1997. Domestic production of passenger vehicles rose 9%, offsetting a 20.5% decline in commercial vehicle production. Overseas production also made strides, up 21.6% last year to 169,560 units. Passenger car sales, at 104,883 units, increased 32.3% year-on-year, while CV output rose 7.4%. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda Production on Upswing" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.