Mazda Motor Corp. looks to reopen its Ujina No.1 (U1) plant in Hiroshima, Japan, following a costly Dec. 15 fire that suspended operations and has the auto maker scrambling to make up for lost production of high-volume and niche products. Mazda is aiming for a Jan. 6 resumption of production of the Demio/Mazda2 small car by utilizing the paint shop of Ujina No.2 and increasing line speeds at the Ujina No.2 and Hofu plants. The auto maker also is studying whether it can resume output of at ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda to Resume Ujina No.1 Production Jan. 6" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.