Mazda Motor Corp. begins production of the new RX-8 sports car at its Ujina No. 1 plant in Hiroshima, Japan. Executives, plant employees and union representatives were on hand Feb. 17 for a ceremony to mark the start of production. The first cars to roll off the line will be sold in Japan, with subsequently built units earmarked for North America and Europe beginning in mid-March and mid-April, respectively. The 4-seat, 4-door RX-8 will go on sale in Japan in April.
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda RX-8 Begins Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.