MONTEREY, CA – Mazda Motor Corp.’s RX-8 platform will help revive the RX-7 nameplate and likely spawn the next-generation Miata, Ward’s learns. All-new Mazda RX-8 platform to be foundation for all future Mazda sports cars. Mazda sources here all but admit the 4-seat, rotary-engine RX-8 soon will have a sister – a 2-door, 2-seat sports coupe that essentially is the next-generation RX-7, the last Mazda to use the rotary engine. Although excised from Mazda’s U.S. lineup in 1995, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda RX-8 Will Inspire RX-7, Miata" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.