Mazda Motor Corp. is confident it will have a serious contender in the cutthroat minivan segment when its all-new MPV minivan goes on sale in the U.S. this summer. Built on a modified 626 platform, the new minivan will be powered by Ford Motor Co.'s 170-hp Duratec V-6. But unlike the version found in the Mondeo/Contour, the Mazda version is actually 0.46L smaller, 2.49L vs. 2.54L. This was done to get under Japan's tax on V-6 engines with displacements of 2.5L or larger. This is the first ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda weighs in with major minivan contender" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.