SANTA MONICA, CA – Production of Mazda North American Operations’ all-new ’03 Mazda6 sports sedan begins Sept. 30 with the goal of reaching optimum line speed within a month, Ward's is told. The measured ramp-up is expected to hit 54 jobs per hour by Oct. 21, while the ceremonial "Job 1" will be built Oct. 17, says Shelia Ford, quality systems manager at AutoAlliance International Inc. in Flat Rock, MI. Mazda6 Total North American volume is expected to be between 75,000 and ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mazda6 Production Begins at Flat Rock" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.