CHARLESTON, SC – In the first-quarter sales race for luxury-vehicle supremacy in the U.S., Daimler AG’s Mercedes-Benz marque trailed perennial champ Lexus by 236 units. Not that anyone at the tri-star brand is counting. Because they’re not. The luxury-vehicle market “is not a numbers game,” says Ernst Lieb, president and CEO of Mercedes-Benz U.S.A. Inc. Delivering products worthy of Mercedes’ iconic reputation is its own reward, Lieb tells Ward’s. And the pursuit of claiming the No.1 ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"MBUSA Chief Motivated by Excellence, Not Winning" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.