The U.S. needs more than a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow to conquer the next technological challenge, say critics of a proposed battery bounty. The research tab for developing superior a next-generation battery for hybrid-electric vehicles will far exceed the $300 million prize put forward by presumptive Republican presidential nominee John McCain, leading consultants say, adding incentive money is better spent up front. And additional funds must be set aside to promote the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"McCainâ€™s Battery Bounty Bogus, Critics Charge" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.