Ford Motor Co. designer Gerry McGovern is returning to Land Rover after a 5-year absence as director-Advanced Design to work on vehicles slated for introduction in 2010 and beyond, a spokeswoman tells Ward’s. McGovern’s latest appointment comes following the shuttering of Ford’s expensive Ingeni European design studio in London, where he served a short-lived tenure as director. In his new role, McGovern will shepherd Land Rover design “six to eight years” into the future, the spokeswoman ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"McGovern Heads Back to Land Rover" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.