Admonishing the auto industry for failing to embrace lean manufacturing, and deriding cottage practitioners of the discipline, Freudenberg-NOK Chairman and Chief Executive Joseph Day forms The Lean Center. Declaring he’s "hopping mad" at the state of North America’s auto industry, Mr. Day says The Lean Center — sponsored by Freudenberg-NOK — is devoted to teaching efficiency-oriented practices popularized by Toyota Motor Corp. For a fee, the Lean Center offers training programs to other ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mean Joe Lean Has His Day" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.