U.S. sales of medium- and heavy-duty trucks ended 2005 up 15.0% at 496,575 units. Sales were lifted by a modest December, which posted a 1.1% gain, despite declines in Classes 4, 6 and 7. (See related data: Ward's U.S. Light Vehicle Sales by Brand and Group, December 2005) Class 8 sales rose 6.6% in December and 24.4% in entire 2005. Freightliner LLC's Western Star brand enjoyed the most growth in the heavy-duty sector last year, with sales climbing 32.4%. Close behind was Volvo Truck ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Medium- and Heavy-Duty Trucks Up 15% in 2005" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642