VIENNA – Mega Motor Co., the Tehran-based engine, transmission and axle maker owned by Saipa, will manufacture engines for the locally built Renault Logan. Logan production will begin at Iran Khodro Co., as well as Saipa subsidiary Pars Khodro, in 2006. Saipa is Iran’s second-largest vehicle maker. Renault Logan Javad Najmeddin, Mega Motor’s managing director, says the production line for Renault engines will become operational in December 2006. The plan calls for 170,000 engines ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mega Motor to Build Engines for Iranian Logan" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.