PARIS – A team of DaimlerChrysler AG suppliers and the auto maker have developed new quality standards for making premium body panels of composites. The rear deck lid of the Mercedes-Benz CL coupe was the guinea pig of the Triple C program, for Compound, Characterization and Consistency. "Advanced design freedom and the possibility to integrate antenna systems," says Thomas Schuh, manager of body polymer components at DaimlerChrysler, are the reasons behind choosing SMC, or ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Advances Plastic Technology" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.