VANCE, AL – A $7 million childcare and wellness center opened last May at the Mercedes-Benz U.S. International Inc. (MBUSI) M-Class SUV production site near this tiny hamlet 12 miles (19 km) east of Tuscaloosa and 32 miles (51 km) west of Birmingham on I-59 in central Alabama. “We found that over a 2 to 2 ½-year period our team members (the facility’s 2,000 employees) had 250 babies,” observes an MBUSI spokesman, “so we had a need for this facility.” Depending upon how prolific they are, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes to Almost Double Alabama Output" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.