ST. HELENA, CA â When the â07 S-Class arrives in showrooms this fall, it will be the first passenger car to feature a 4Matic-brand all-wheel-drive system conceived and built by Mercedes-Benz. The move signals a long-term trend whereby Mercedes will produce all its own AWD systems. Dubbed internally as âMercedes-Benz 4Matic,â the system will migrate to the E-Class and C-Class lineups, says Bart Herring, MBUSA product manager for the brandâs E, C, S and CLS passenger cars. Until now, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes AWD System Gets Traction With â07 S-Class" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.