MONTREAL – Audi AG better be looking over its shoulder because Mercedes-Benz USA Inc. is ready to trounce on its prized all-wheel-drive market. The German luxury marque already has begun to sell AWD versions of its S-Class and C-Class vehicles in the U.S. and Canada, with hopes the cars will help Mercedes this year surpass its U.S. 2002 sales of 213,225 units. Mercedes-Benz has begun to sell AWD versions of the S-Class in the U.S. and Canada. Dubbed 4Matic, the AWD system ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Banks on AWD for Growth" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.