NEW YORK – America will get its Smarts in 2006, says Paul Halata, president of Mercedes-Benz of North America. Mercedes is setting up a new franchise to sell the Smart cross/utility vehicle, a larger vehicle than the current mini Smart 2-seater currently sold in Europe. The 4-door Smart CUV, which will be assembled in Brazil, is a bigger model designed to compete in the Mini segment. Halata appointed Scott Keogh, current Mercedes public relations chief, to be the general manager of the ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes-Benz Plans CUV Product Blitz" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.