MADRID â Mercedes-Benz taps its plant in Vitoria, Spain, to build the successors to its Vito and Viano vans. Volker Mornhinweg, head of Mercedes-Benz Vans, makes the announcement during a visit to the plant 200 miles (320 km) northeast of Madrid in Spainâs Basque country. German parent company Daimler will invest E1 billion ($1.37 billion) in the facility for production of two new models codenamed VS20. The auto maker says it will add 300 positions to Vitoriaâs 3,138-member workforce ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes-Benz Vansâ Spanish Plant Wins New Project" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.