CANBERRA – Mercedes-Benz is bringing the world's first standard 7-speed automatic transmission for passenger cars to Australia next March, following introduction in Europe this fall. The luxury auto maker says the new 7G-TRONIC 7-speed automatic will be a standard feature on the E500, S430, S500, CL500 and SL500 models, replacing the current 5-speed automatic. Recommended retail pricing will be announced closer to local release. Mercedes says the new transmission reduces fuel ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes to Bring New 7-Speed Automatic to Australia" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.