Mercedes-Benz North America Inc. will be beefing up the offerings for the M-Class in '00 with performance and sport derivitives. The ML 55 AMG boasts a 340-hp 5.5L V-8 that can go 0-60 mph in less than seven seconds. The company plans to build about 2,000 of the specialty sport/utility vehicles for about $69,100 each. In addition, Mercedes will offer a sport package for the ML 320 and 430 that adds body cladding and other modifications to the mix. The sport package, a $4,000 option, ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes to Build ML 55" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.