NEW YORK – Admitting that Mercedes-Benz "customers are not happy with some details," Juergen Hubbert, DaimlerChrysler AG board member in charge of Mercedes, Smart and Maybach, promises strong moves to boost quality of the prestige cars. "Mercedes customers expect more," Hubbert says, adding he has initiated programs to achieve that goal. Some suppliers already have been terminated for sub-par quality, and others "might have to change," he warns. DaimlerChrysler Smart J.D. ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Chief Plans Quality Improvements" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.