GENEVA — Mercedes Benz's innovative new CL coupe combines several materials to reduce weight, yet still retains the vehicle's trademark performance and luxurious trimmings. Mercedes' flagship utilizes aluminum, magnesium, steel and plastic in various components to make the car 340 kg (740 lbs.) lighter than its predecessor and 37% stronger. Both the CL 500 and CL 600 are set to go on sale late this year in Europe and early next year in the U.S. Mercedes forecasts global sales of 3,500 in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes combines materials to create lightweight CL" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.