BEIJING — DaimlerChrysler AG's Mercedes-Benz division is considering building cars in China after the country enters the World Trade Organization (WTO), published reports say. There are some 60,000 legally imported Mercedes models on China's roads, with an additional 50,000 in Hong Kong. Plus, an unknown number have been smuggled into the country. Mercedes, officials say, has been researching making a move into the Chinese market since 1999. The automaker has not indicated what model it ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes considers passenger car project" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.