Still experiencing unprecedented growth in the U.S., the Mercedes-Benz arm of DaimlerChrysler AG is preparing further expansion of its model line with two additional offerings from its in-house performance “tuner,” AMG. Beginning this summer, Mercedes will launch the SLK32 AMG roadster and C32 AMG 4-door sedan, variants of the existing SLK and C-Class. The main difference from their mainstream counterparts: a startling 349 hp which is a better-than-50% power increase. The extra power is ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Expands AMG Model Lineup" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.