CHICAGO – Mercedes-Benz is expanding its use of forced induction, suggests the president of its high-performance division. Ulrich Bruhnke tells Ward's a groundbreaking announcement about a turbocharged AMG product is imminent. Mercedes Benz AMGE55 sedan features Lysholm supercharger. Asked about the auto maker’s decision to go with Lysholm technology instead of a Roots-type supercharger in the new-generation ’04 E55AMG sedan, Bruhnke rejects any notion of exclusivity. “We ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes: Expect Turbocharged AMG Product" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.