What does Mercedes-Benz USA, which sold more luxury cars than anyone else in the nation last year, do for an encore in 2000? Ironically, one thing is to launch a vehicle with an incredibly limited production. It's the CL500 Coupe, retailing for $85,500 and billed as one of the most technologically advanced cars ever. MBUSA's allotment for this year is 2,500 units in the U.S. That's about 20% of worldwide distribution for the German-made vehicle. In contrast, MBUSA sold 189,437 units in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Goes for Exclusivity With CL500" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.