DETROIT-- The Mercedes-Benz Grand Sports Tourer, shown as the Vision GST concept in Detroit Monday, will go into production at the plant in Vance, AL, plant in 2004, confirms Juergen Hubbert, DaimlerChrysler AG board member in charge of Mercedes-Benz cars and Smart. That is a year after its lower-priced cousin, the Chrysler Pacifica sports tourer, begins assembly at the minivan plant in Windsor, Ont., in January 2003. The Mercedes GST will be produced off the M-Class platform. Hubbert ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes GST to be Built in Alabama" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.