TURIN — By 2003, the Mercedes-Benz division looks set to offer the widest range of sports cars ever seen from one manufacturer. By then, the unparalleled lineup should comprise five totally divergent 2-seat roadsters and/or coupes. Starting from the top: The McLaren produced and developed SLR supercar is confirmed for 2003. The front-engine/rear-drive coupe/roadster aims to take the mantle as the world's best Grand Touring car away from Ferrari's 550 Maranello. By then, the 550 will be ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes to manage stable of sporty 2-seat roadsters" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.