FRANKFURT – The Vision SLR, Mercedes-Benz’s 1999 Detroit auto show concept car, clearly provides the inspiration for the production SLR. However, while the design theme remains, a closer comparison of concept and production cars reveals fundamental differences. It's as if the Vision was handed over to McLaren, which was told, "We want you to keep the styling theme, but you need to find a way to make it work." (See related story: Mercedes SLR to Debut at Frankfurt Show) Mercedes' ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes McLaren SLR Inspired by Vision" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.