Mercedes-Benz U.S.A. will end output of its current-generation M-Class SUV at its Vance, AL, assembly plant on Dec. 9. The redesigned ’06 M-Class is slated to begin its production run a few weeks after the current generation ends, with shipments to retail customers seen starting in the second-quarter. The ’06 model will makes it public debut at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit in January. Production of Mercedes’ new Grand Sports Tourer is expected to begin in ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes Readies for New M-Class Production" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.