DaimlerChrysler AG's Mercedes-Benz unit says it is the world's first automaker to offer ceramic brake discs for a production vehicle, with their introduction as standard equipment for the CL 55 AMG “F1 Limited Edition,” of which only 55 units will be produced. Mercedes says orders for the CL 55 AMG, a version of the CL coupe modified by Mercedes' in-house performance “tuner” AMG, are being taken now for vehicle delivery in the fall. Apparently by Mercedes' reckoning, that timeframe beats ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes ready with ceramic brakes" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.