LOS ANGELES – When Mercedes-Benz engineers pondered how to avoid rear-end collisions in sudden-stop situations, a light bulb went on. Repeatedly. That is how the luxury brand’s ’07 S600 will communicate emergency stops to vehicles behind it, says Bart Herring, S-Class product manager. ’07 Mercedes S-Class When the driver hits the binders hard, the car’s brake lamps flash. “It’s the ability to communicate, ‘Hey, this is an emergency stopping situation,’ with the car behind you,” ...
Premium Content (PAID Subscription Required)
"Mercedes S600 Brake Lamp System Flash of Brilliance" is part of the paid WardsAuto Premium content. You must log in with Premium credentials in order to access this article. Premium paid subscribers also gain access to:
All of WardsAuto's reliable, in-depth industry reporting and analysis
Hundreds of downloadable data tables including:
• Global sales and production data by country
• U.S. model-line inventory data
• Engine and equipment installation rates
• WardsAuto's North America Plant by Platform forecast
• Product Cycle chart
• Interrelationships among major OEMs
• Medium- and heavy-duty truck volumes
• Historical data and much more!
For WardsAuto.com pricing and subscription information please contact
Lisa Williamson by email: email@example.com or phone: (248) 799-2642
Current subscribers, please login or CLICK for support information.